The EU Strategy for the Alpine Region EUSALP, launched in 2015, aims at developing the Alpine region as an attractive, innovative, competitive and green region in the heart of Europe.
Action Group 2 - Economic development
Auvergne Rhône-Alpes chairs Action Group 2.
Action Group 2 ("To increase the economic potential of strategic sectors") aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would benefit from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to improve their economic and social environment. The added value comprises a better use of Alpine specific resources and potentials in the identified strategic sectors with focus on the improvement of framework conditions and opportunities for SMEs.
"Economic Growth and Innovation"
The main objectives of Action Group 2 are:
- to develop new or better value chains inside sectors regarded as strategic in the Alpine Region which show potential with distinctive conditions in the region
- to bridge the gap of disconnected value chains or parts of it
- to move higher up value chains or adjusting products and services to the green economy
- to bridge different policies and efforts in order to stimulate the transformation of the industrial structure and drive job creation and growth
- to support innovation by making better use of cluster initiatives
So far, Action Group 2 has identified four thematic priorities (Sub-Groups):
- Bioeconomy/Cluster development (coordinated by Baden-Württemberg, DE)
- Wood (coordinated by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FR)
- Health Tourism (coordinated by the Region of Salzburg, AT)
- Digital Industry (coordinated by the Autonomous Province of Trento, IT)
HEALPS (Alpine Health Tourism – Positioning the Alpine region as globally attractive health promoting place)
Study on Available Funding Opportunities for Bioeconomy in the Alpine Region
|05 Dec 2019|
Study to Prepare a Synchronized Funding Scheme for Bioeconomy Development in the Alpine Region.
|04 Apr 2019|