Connectivity and accessibility among Alps are going fast! AG5 will meet in Auvergne - Rhône - Alpes Region (France) to discuss their activites.
Action Group 1
Based on one of the main drivers of the Europe 2020 agenda which aims at creating jobs and growth, action 1 focuses on the development of an effective innovation ecosystem in the Alpine Region. It aims to bring together the existing potentials of the Alpine Region to better exploit synergies in the strategic sectors described in the next action and overcome challenges as regards innovation.
"Economic Growth and Innovation"
- Identification of the key strategic sectors where cooperation in R&I can impact either in economic or societal terms;
- Mapping of existing clusters, competence centres related to the economic and academic landscape in the Region
- Mapping and matching of specific value chains and capabilities related to key areas of competence related to national/regional smart specialisation strategies
- Working towards joint pilots with industry participation in areas of smart specialisation to demonstrate opportunities for scaling up innovations for co-creating joint value chains
- Further coordinating efforts between the Alpine countries and JRC activities
- Enhanced capacity building of research institutions, networks and infrastructure with an Alpine Region dimension
- Taking into consideration existing international research / innovation coordination activities of EUSALP
The Annual Forum 2017 of the EU Alpine Strategy will take place on 23 and 24 November 2017 in the Munich BMW Welt.