- To provide policy makers and innovation practitioners with knowledge and training/practical insights in setting up successful start-up, spin-off and knowledge transfer platforms with support programmes that can strengthen regional/national innovation ecosystems.
Action Group 2
The German Region Baden-Württemberg (Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Housing Baden-Württemberg) and the French Region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes together chair Action Group 2.
Action Group 2 ("To increase the economic potential of strategic sectors") aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would beneficiate from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to strengthen their economic and social environment. The added value will be to lead to a better utilisation of Alpine specific resources and develop potential in the identified strategic sectors with a special focus on the development opportunities for SMEs within the Alpine Macro Region.
"Economic Growth and Innovation"
The main objectives of Action Group 2 are:
- To develop new value chains with enterprises from different sectors
- To bridge the gap between different policies and efforts in order to stimulate the transformation of the industrial structure and drive job creation and growth
- To make better use of cluster initiatives
- To bridge the gap between disconnected value chains
- To facilitate and encourage the development and implementation of concrete projects in these strategic sectors in the Alpine Region.
So far Action Group 2 has identified three thematic priorities (Sub-Groups):
- Bioeconomy (coordinated by Baden-Württemberg, DE)
- Wood from Alpine Region (coordinated by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FR)
- Health Tourism (coordinated by the Region of Salzburg, AT)
HEALPS (Alpine Health Tourism – Positioning the Alpine region as globally attractive health promoting place)
Start-ups and Technology Transfer in Innovation Ecosystems in South-East Europe and Alpine Region (EUSALP AG1)
15/11/2018 - 08:30 to 16/11/2018 - 18:00
20/11/2018 - 10:30 to 21/11/2018 - 16:00
The 2nd EUSALP Annual Forum 2018 will take place on 20 and 21 November 2018 in the heart of the Alps at the Congress Innsbruck.
18/12/2018 - 09:00
BOOSTAlps - Workshop & Brokerage Event
A thematic workshop followed by bilateral international meetings dedicated to the automotive and textile value chains, aiming at fostering business and R&D synergies and collaborations.