With the main topic “Strengthening regional development through the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe” the first Routes4U meeting for the Alpine Region is organized by the Council of Europe, in cooperation with the Autonomous Region of Valle d'A
Action Group 2
The German Region Baden-Württemberg (Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Housing Baden-Württemberg) and the French Region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes together chair Action Group 2.
Action Group 2 ("To increase the economic potential of strategic sectors") aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would beneficiate from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to strengthen their economic and social environment. The added value will be to lead to a better utilisation of Alpine specific resources and develop potential in the identified strategic sectors with a special focus on the development opportunities for SMEs within the Alpine Macro Region.
"Economic Growth and Innovation"
The main objectives of Action Group 2 are:
- To develop new value chains with enterprises from different sectors
- To bridge the gap between different policies and efforts in order to stimulate the transformation of the industrial structure and drive job creation and growth
- To make better use of cluster initiatives
- To bridge the gap between disconnected value chains
- To facilitate and encourage the development and implementation of concrete projects in these strategic sectors in the Alpine Region.
So far Action Group 2 has identified three thematic priorities (Sub-Groups):
- Bioeconomy (coordinated by Baden-Württemberg, DE)
- Wood from Alpine Region (coordinated by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FR)
- Health Tourism (coordinated by the Region of Salzburg, AT)
HEALPS (Alpine Health Tourism – Positioning the Alpine region as globally attractive health promoting place)
10/04/2019 - 05:00
In the framework of EUSALP Italian Presidency 2019, MEP Herbert Dorfmann will chair the event FRIENDS OF EUSALP on 10 April 10 in Brussels.
23/05/2019 - 14:00 to 24/05/2019 - 14:00
Within the events scheduled for the year of the Italian Presidency of EUSALP, Regione autonoma Valle d'Aosta organizes an event to bring together politicians, researchers, project managers, associations and all those people who are involved on the thematic of Smart Villages.