5th AG 2 meeting Stuttgart side to side with Sub-Groups of AG 2 on 26 / 27 September 2017
Action Group 2
The German Region Baden-Württemberg (Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labour and Housing Baden-Württemberg) and the French Region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes together chair Action Group 2.
Action Group 2 ("To increase the economic potential of strategic sectors") aims at identifying key Alpine economic sectors which would beneficiate from action at macro-regional level, and to implement concrete measures to strengthen their economic and social environment. The added value will be to lead to a better utilisation of Alpine specific resources and develop potential in the identified strategic sectors with a special focus on the development opportunities for SMEs within the Alpine Macro Region.
"Economic Growth and Innovation"
The main objectives of Action Group 2 are:
- To develop new value chains with enterprises from different sectors
- To bridge the gap between different policies and efforts in order to stimulate the transformation of the industrial structure and drive job creation and growth
- To make better use of cluster initiatives
- To bridge the gap between disconnected value chains
- To facilitate and encourage the development and implementation of concrete projects in these strategic sectors in the Alpine Region.
So far Action Group 2 has identified three thematic priorities (Sub-Groups):
- Bioeconomy (coordinated by Baden-Württemberg, DE)
- Wood from Alpine Region (coordinated by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, FR)
- Health Tourism (coordinated by the Region of Salzburg, AT)
The Annual Forum 2017 of the EU Alpine Strategy will take place on 23 and 24 November 2017 in the Munich BMW Welt.