Italian Presidency 2019
The Italian 2019 Presidency wishes to underline the importance of a harmonious and balanced development of all the objectives set out in the Action Plan, from the first to the fourth, enhancing the work in progress by all the AGs entrusted with implementing the initiatives in progress, by properly cooperating with them and taking into account the priorities identified for 2019.
Therefore, Italy would like to focus its presidency year on concrete issues at macro-regional level, such as the development of the competitiveness of the macro-region as a whole, primarily promoting the creation of new job opportunities in the sectors of “Green Economy” and innovative technologies, with particular attention to youth entrepreneurship.
Environment and innovative technologies, including automation and mechatronics, are therefore crucial in order to reconcile economic development with the protection of natural resources, to tackle “macro-regional”problems, such as air quality which is essential for health and quality of life in the whole macro-region. At the same time, the reduction of the socio-economic gap between rural and urban areas, promoting a concrete alliance sealed by collaboration for innovation and protection that generates new business even in the internal, mountain and remote areas of the macro-region, is crucial.
The leading theme of the Presidency will therefore be to develop the competitiveness of the macro-region, focusing on the green economy and innovation sectors, promoting the creation of new job opportunities in these sectors. The Alps are considered a perfect “living lab” for the green economy and innovation and, thanks to the macro-regional cooperation; they can become the basis for new models of sustainable development. The transition to new “green” jobs is increasingly becoming an opportunity for economic development. The leading theme for 2019 will be launched in the political kickoff meeting to be held on 28 February/1 March February in Milan.
Website EUSALP Italian Presidency 2019
The Italian Presidency BRAND MANUAL is available here
Monica Peggion: EUSALP_IT_Presidency2019@regione.lombardia.it
Focusing on joint actions and initiatives with a clearer macro-regional dimension and continuing the work developed by the Tyrolean Presidency, under the same motto: “shaping.future.togheter.” the challenges for the Italian Presidency are:
- To increase the political ownership of the Strategy, promoting meetings between the political leaders of the member institutions and strengthening the functional interaction between the General Assembly, the Executive Board and the AG,s.
- To improve effective coordination between the AGs and between them and the Executive Board, to make the AGs' work more effectively and consistently with the EUSALP Action Plan.
- To start a reflection at a high political-institutional level, on possible adaptations or modifications of the EUSALP Action Plan (adopted by the European Commission in June 2015), in order to adapt it to the evolving needs and to the political objectives of the States and Regions that belong to it.
- Lobbying all the actors involved, in coordination with the other macro-regional Strategies, in order to embed these Strategies into the legal framework of the Cohesion Policy 2021-2027.
- To initiate a systematic exchange of experiences, information and data with other macro-regional Strategies and with other European Territorial Cooperation Programs (ETC) that can interact with the programming and activities of the Strategy.
- To promote relations with other networks of Regions and Cities in order to stimulate large-scale projects that include metropolitan areas in their interconnection with mountain and peripheral areas.
- To continue the commitment, already started by the previous Presidencies, to increasingly qualify the governance system of the Strategy and - in line with the provisions of Objective 4 of the Action Plan - to study further forms of involvement of territorial bodies and the civil society.
- To increase the historical, cultural and educational dimension of the Alpine Macro-region, enhancing the history and the identity and cultural peculiarities of the Alpine area, as a strategic place of meeting, cooperation and development amongst peoples.