Your Alps! Your Future! Your Idea!
The EU is looking for Your Projects!
Since 2015 the European Union supports in the framework of EUSALP (EU Strategy for the Alpine Region) the networking and cooperation of the seven Alpine countries (France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Slovenia) as well as of the 48 provinces and regions.
9 Action Groups address the central challenges of the Alpine space:
- Innovation and economic competitive ability of the Alpine regions
- Demographic changes (migration, ageing of the population)
- Climate change and its impacts on environment and people
- Sustainable, secure and effective use and production of energy
- Sustainable mobility in the Alpine transit area
- Preservation of the unique nature and culture space of the Alps
The 2nd Annual Forum provides the opportunity for exchange between the Executive Board, Action Groups, politicians as well as with representatives of the European Union, the regions and the civil society.
How are you concerned with the EUSALP?
»shaping.future.together. – with the next generation« is the motto of this year´s EUSALP is the motto of this year´s EUSALP Annual Forum under the Presidency of the Tyrol. The declared objective of 2018 is an even stronger involvement of people from the Alpine Region, who are the real experts on the shaping of the future of the Alpine Region. You in particular, the young generation, are asked to participate actively in your future and to develop new ideas!
You count! You know best! You participate!
Introduce your ideas of a sustainable, modern and attractive life in the Alpine Region to the EU and win the realization of your project!
How to participate in the contest:
- between 16 and 25 years old
- an individual or a group with a project conception. As a group you can nominate at maximum three group leaders to present your project
You want to:
- make the Alpine Region ready for the future
- participate in Europe-wide decisions on your own region
- promote your living environment with the EU as your partner
Your project idea addresses at least one of the following topics:
- Work and education in the Alpine Region (search for apprenticeship, mobility, tourism, professional perspectives)
- Nature and environment (living environment, water, soil, air, flora and fauna, sustainable economic development)
- The Alps as modern/attractive living environment (internet, digitalisation, e-connectivity, mobility)
- Climate change and energy (management of natural risks, renewable energy)
Send your project application until 31. October 2018!
How to submit your application
Prerequisites for participation
1) Your project addresses one of the topics mentioned above
2) Your project idea is ready for implementation
3) You are between 16 and 25 years old and citizen of one of the 7 Alpine countries Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia and Liechtenstein or a permanent resident of one of these states
4) You apply as individual or as a group (and named at maximum three group leaders)
5) Your application is submitted in written form and in English
6) Your application consists of:
a) online application form (download below)
b) project proposal:
- why are you launching this project? (motivation)
- what do you want to achieve with this project? (aim)
- why is this project important for the future of the Alpine Region? (relevance)
- which problems and chances appear/could appear during the implementation of the project?
- task and time schedule, the needed materials, financial support and human resources
c) curriculum vitae of the participant or the group leaders
d) expert opinion rendered by a supporter of the project (teacher, professor, leader of your youth organization etc.)
7) Your application is submitted before the closing date on 31. October 2018 at 23:59 as one pdf-file (max. 5 MB) mentioning the reference: pitch-application under the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org (If possible please don´t wait till the last day or last minute. Internet connection problems, server problems or other »crisis« out of the control of the organisers can retard your timely application.)
8) Exclusion of participation:
The following projects are not accepted:
- projects submitted by persons working for the European institutions or in the framework of the EU Strategy for the Alpine Region
- scientific thesis and publications
- projects already funded by EU funds
- projects already awarded with a prize by a European institution
- projects submitted hand-written, incomplete, in more than one file or application e-mail, as well as projects submitted by post
9) By submitting your application, you confirm that
- you completely accept the prerequisites for participation
- your data will be saved for the purpose of the selection process
- your submitted application documents are allowed to be used for the purpose of exhibition, media and advertisement by the European Commission and the region of the Tyrol (except for your personal data)
- the organisers aren´t liable neither for the cancellation/adjustment nor for the change of the contest due to unforeseen circumstances.
What happens, if your project is chosen?
A jury of representatives of the EU and the Alpine Region will choose five projects out of all submitted applications.
The jury´s decision is based on the criteria: relevance, feasibility and innovation potential of the project.
The five chosen (group) applicants will have the opportunity to present their project to the audience of the EUSALP Annual Forum 2018 in a five minute pitch. The European Commission and the Tyrol will invite the 5 finalists to the EUSALP Annual Forum 2018 in Innsbruck and will reimburse respective travel and accommodation costs.
The pitch session is expected to take place on 21. November and can be performed in English or in any of the other four Alpine Region languages (German, French, Italian and Slovenian) (please specify then that you’re in need of an interpreter). Immediately subsequent to the pitch session the audience will vote for the five projects. The three winners of the voting will receive a price for the implementation or continuation of their project.
1st Prize: 5,000 EUR
2nd Prize: 3,000 EUR
3rd Prize: 2,000 EUR
All applicants get the chance to participate in the EUSALP Annual Forum 2018 »Shaping.future.together. – with the next generation« on 20./21.November 2018 in Innsbruck, to attend the workshops and to network with engaged young people and representatives of the European Union. Travel costs cannot be reimbursed.
We aren´t sure if our project is fitting the prerequisites for participation. How can we find out?
First, you can take a close look at the detailed prerequisites for participation at the contest on this website and verify if your project fulfils the mentioned criteria. In case of remaining questions, please send a short description of your project in English or German to the project coordinator Ms Elke Sieber via email@example.com.
Why should we submit our project application in English?
Due to a multinational jury and the different languages spoken in the Alpine Region we use English as a working language. However, your pitch can be presented in English or in any of the other four Alpine Region languages (German, French, Italian and Slovenian). If you inform us before, we can provide an interpreter.
What is a pitch?
A pitch is a short and concise presentation of a project or a project conception to find supporters. Within three minutes you should convince your audience of your project or project idea. Two additional minutes will be then given to the audience to ask questions. While preparing your presentation you should concentrate on the description of the reasons for and aims of the project, on the way of the realization as well as on the relevance and the feasibility. Feel free to use medial appliances (such as posters, PowerPoint etc.). You only have to tell us in advance, what tools you might need.
How do we know that our project application is submitted and has arrived?
Every applicant will receive a confirmation by e-mail of the reception of your application within 48 hours after the submission of your project idea.
Our question isn´t answered anywhere in the FAQ. Who can we contact for assistance?
If you have further questions and need assistance feel free to send an e-mail in English to the project coordinator Ms Elke Sieber via firstname.lastname@example.org.
She is also responsible for advice and support in your pitch preparation.
We are 16 years old and aren´t sure if we can compete with the projects of young adults of 25. Does the jury take the age of the applicants into consideration?
Of course, the jury will take the age of the applicants into consideration in the selection process. To create a fair competition, the project applications will be classified into two categories: applicants at the age of 16 to 19 and applicants at the age of 20 to 25. The selection for the pitch will be taken out of both categories. In any case applicants out of both categories will be represented in the pitch session.
Follow us on: