Action Group 7 - Green infrastructure
Action Group 7 focuses on developing ecological connectivity and thus to strengthen, improve and restore biodiversity, as well as ecosystem services. Its implementation will increase the degree of connection between natural and semi-natural landscapes in the entire EUSALP territory.
With its broad representation of members from Alpine countries and regions as well as advisors with different institutional and sectoral backgrounds, AG 7 builds on a dialogue including stakeholders from all relevant sectors. It aims at setting up a comprehensive macro-regional scheme by applying the EU Strategy for Green Infrastructure (GI) to regional scales and making the Alps an outstanding candidate for GI in Europe.
The AG 7 provides the framework for developing a strategically planned network of natural and semi-natural areas, including features in rural and urban areas which together – functionally interconnected – ensure diverse advantages for nature, as well as social benefits and economic prosperity for humans.
"Environment and Energy"
- To identify Alpine GI elements of transnational relevance, improve governance approaches and explore funding opportunities.
- To promote the various benefits of GI as complementary solutions to Grey Infrastructure and bring GI onto the political agenda of the Alpine Region.
- To trigger tangible implementation initiatives and liaise with implementation partners from all relevant sectors to make GI visible and close gaps in the trans-European “matrix for life”.
- To allow the benefits of ecological connectivity to emerge at ecosystem and societal dimensions, enhancing resilience to threats such as climate change.
- To develop solutions to halt biodiversity loss and address challenges such as missing connections between natural areas and homogeneous and impoverished lowlands.
HyMoCARES - HydroMorphological assessment and management at basin scale for the Conservation of Alpine Rivers and related Ecosystem Services
The results of workshop organized on SHORT TIMBER SUPPLY CHAINS IN TIMES OF CLIMATE AND GEO-POLITICAL CRISES during the annual forum of Trento, last november 2022, are now available !
|21 Apr 2023|
Alpine-specific graphic shows the diversity of Green Infrastructure (GI) in the Alpine Region and the Star Initiatives of the EUSALP AG7
|28 Jun 2022|
High-level attended GI goes business awarding ceremony 2022 in Bolzano shows the great potential of combining...
|16 Jun 2022|
ONLINE WORKSHOPS FOR PEATLAND STAKEHOLDER IN THE ALPINE SPACE
|03 Feb 2021|
Results of the LEADER workshop organised by AG7 on 17 of October 2018 in Torino.
Results are prepared in poster format (as presented at the Annual Forum, 20/21 November 2018 in Innsbruck),...
|20 Nov 2018|
MInisters' Conference on Alpine Green Infrastructure
Munich, 2nd October 2017
|27 Nov 2018|
Workshop »Networking for Ecological Connectivity and Green Infrastructure«, Sept 19, 2017, Koper
Detailed report and presentations are...
|06 Apr 2018|
Workshop: Going local – “Green infrastructure” meets “climate adaptation strategies”
|15 Dec 2017|