Euromontana launched a call for initiatives in the framework of the XII European Mountain Convention, which will take place on 25-26-27 October 2022 in the Italian Natural Park and Biosphere Reserve of Sila.
The 2022 European Mountain Convention will focus on “Smart mountains: how to make our territories attractive and future-oriented?” and is a moment to showcase innovative practices from your region.
In order to shape the future of smart mountains for 2050, the event will showcase inspiring initiatives from all over Europe within six workshops dedicated to:
- Smart Living: how to improve the quality of life by maintaining the provision of quality services of general interest in mountain areas?
- Smart employment: how to maintain jobs, including skilled jobs, all year round in the mountains?
- Smart and clean mobility: how to develop new, clean and alternative transport modes for people and goods?
- Smart economy: how to achieve a carbon-neutral mountain economy?
- Providing the enabling tools: how can digitalisation benefit mountain areas?
- Smart management of natural resources: how can innovation support sustainable management of resources?
You are aware of a particularly innovative initiative in your mountain region? You have yourself contributed to the implementation of an action that has made a difference for the future of your territory? Then we encourage you to contribute and share the initiative with us! We would also be pleased if you could share this call for initiatives with relevant mountain networks. Two initiatives per workshop will be selected and invited to be presented during the European Mountain Convention.
* Deadline for submission: 28 February 2022
* Detailed call for initiatives: click here
* Submission form: submission form in English / submission form in French