(16-17 March, Metabief Jura Mountains)
A meeting gathering French and European mountain actors to discuss the climate transition of mid-altitude mountain resorts.
The meeting highlighted the climate transition project of the Métabief resort, result of five years of reflection and supported politically by the Doubs Department and local elected officials, which lays the foundations for a transition for all mountain territories.
The meeting was fully involved in the project carried out by the French EUSALP presidency, and mobilized the French mountain actors around Joël GIRAUD, Secretary of State in charge of Rurality, and the representatives of the 3 French Regions partners.
Among the highlights of this event:
- The presentations of inspiring projects to lead the transition of the mountain tourism model (European project Healps 2; Franco-Swiss project Quiétude Attitude; European project Smart Altitude; International project Green Passport)
- The field visit to Métabief :
- to meet the resort's dynamic forces, in particular inspirational athletes, students of the Toussaint Louverture vocational high school and the "Sioux" section of the APACH'Evasion association, which offers disabled people access to outdoor activities
- to present the dynamics of the emergence of new offers not dependent on snow, with the driving forces of the "OUTD'OR ”
- The launching of the General States for the transition of tourism in the mountains, bringing together the national authorities, socio-professionals and associations on these issues.
- Two workshops, which brought together a hundred people in person, about 300 participants on the Zoom conference and about 900 viewers on the live YouTube, aiming to provide methodological tools to conduct a transition project