The Austrian Federal Ministry for Sustainability and Tourism, co-Leader of EUSALP Action Group 8, together with the Province of Styria and its partners from the Alpine region, will organize an interactive workshop for children and young people on the subject of natural
Action Group 7
Action Group 7 focuses on developing ecological connectivity and thus to strengthen, improve and restore biodiversity, as well as ecosystem services. Its implementation will increase the degree of connection between natural and semi-natural landscapes in the entire EUSALP territory.
With its broad representation of members from Alpine countries and regions as well as advisors with different institutional and sectoral backgrounds, AG 7 builds on a dialogue including stakeholders from all relevant sectors. It aims at setting up a comprehensive macro-regional scheme by applying the EU Strategy for Green Infrastructure (GI) to regional scales and making the Alps an outstanding candidate for GI in Europe.
The AG 7 provides the framework for developing a strategically planned network of natural and semi-natural areas, including features in rural and urban areas which together – functionally interconnected – ensure diverse advantages for nature, as well as social benefits and economic prosperity for humans.
"Environment and Energy"
- To identify Alpine GI elements of transnational relevance, improve governance approaches and explore funding opportunities.
- To promote the various benefits of GI as complementary solutions to Grey Infrastructure and bring GI onto the political agenda of the Alpine Region.
- To trigger tangible implementation initiatives and liaise with implementation partners from all relevant sectors to make GI visible and close gaps in the trans-European “matrix for life”.
- To allow the benefits of ecological connectivity to emerge at ecosystem and societal dimensions, enhancing resilience to threats such as climate change.
- To develop solutions to halt biodiversity loss and address challenges such as missing connections between natural areas and homogeneous and impoverished lowlands.
HyMoCARES - HydroMorphological assessment and management at basin scale for the Conservation of Alpine Rivers and related Ecosystem Services
13/05/2019 - 12:30 to 14/05/2019 - 14:00
EUSALP Action Group 6, sub-group 2 “Future-oriented farming and forestry” presents a lunch-to-lunch international workshop on “Territorial Brands in the Alpine Region” on 13 and 14 May 2019 at EURAC Research in Bolzano/Bozen (IT).
23/05/2019 - 14:00 to 24/05/2019 - 14:00