Action Group 7 - Green infrastructure
Action Group 7 focuses on developing ecological connectivity and thus to strengthen, improve and restore biodiversity, as well as ecosystem services. Its implementation will increase the degree of connection between natural and semi-natural landscapes in the entire EUSALP territory.
With its broad representation of members from Alpine countries and regions as well as advisors with different institutional and sectoral backgrounds, AG 7 builds on a dialogue including stakeholders from all relevant sectors. It aims at setting up a comprehensive macro-regional scheme by applying the EU Strategy for Green Infrastructure (GI) to regional scales and making the Alps an outstanding candidate for GI in Europe.
The AG 7 provides the framework for developing a strategically planned network of natural and semi-natural areas, including features in rural and urban areas which together – functionally interconnected – ensure diverse advantages for nature, as well as social benefits and economic prosperity for humans.
"Environment and Energy"
- To identify Alpine GI elements of transnational relevance, improve governance approaches and explore funding opportunities.
- To promote the various benefits of GI as complementary solutions to Grey Infrastructure and bring GI onto the political agenda of the Alpine Region.
- To trigger tangible implementation initiatives and liaise with implementation partners from all relevant sectors to make GI visible and close gaps in the trans-European “matrix for life”.
- To allow the benefits of ecological connectivity to emerge at ecosystem and societal dimensions, enhancing resilience to threats such as climate change.
- To develop solutions to halt biodiversity loss and address challenges such as missing connections between natural areas and homogeneous and impoverished lowlands.
HyMoCARES - HydroMorphological assessment and management at basin scale for the Conservation of Alpine Rivers and related Ecosystem Services
Alpine-specific graphic shows the diversity of Green Infrastructure (GI) in the Alpine Region and the Star Initiatives of the EUSALP AG7
|28 Jun 2022|
High-level attended GI goes business awarding ceremony 2022 in Bolzano shows the great potential of combining...
|16 Jun 2022|
ONLINE WORKSHOPS FOR PEATLAND STAKEHOLDER IN THE ALPINE SPACE
|03 Feb 2021|
Results of the LEADER workshop organised by AG7 on 17 of October 2018 in Torino.
Results are prepared in poster format (as presented at the Annual Forum, 20/21 November 2018 in Innsbruck),...
|20 Nov 2018|
MInisters' Conference on Alpine Green Infrastructure
Munich, 2nd October 2017
|27 Nov 2018|
Workshop »Networking for Ecological Connectivity and Green Infrastructure«, Sept 19, 2017, Koper
Detailed report and presentations are...
|06 Apr 2018|
Workshop: Going local – “Green infrastructure” meets “climate adaptation strategies”
|15 Dec 2017|