The accessibility and digital connectivity across borders is one of the major aims of EUSALP.
The alpine fibre-optics backbone is an international project idea to develop Cross- border connections and create more Internet Exchange Point (IXPs) enabling:
1) Access to services by ultrabroadband connectivity
2) Foster synergies with local TLC
3) Open the market to new opportunities (DC, SMEs,…)
During the meeting we will have the opportunity to have the precious contribution of the Top-Ix Consortium and the WorldBank.
- Connectivity - Creating a European Gigabit Society on basis of the current NGA situation
- Cooperation possibilities: the point of view from Top-IX Consortium
- Feasibility study for an alpine fibre-optics backbone: the Liaison Optique Alpine- LOA strategic initiative
- Ultra-Fast Broadband Networks in the Alpine Region: An Opportunity to Foster Economic Growth, Job Creation
Giorgio Consol, Valle d'Aosta Autonomous Region
Robert Henkel, EC DG Connect
Davide Calonico, Top-IX Consortium
Luca Cicchelli, Top-IX Consortium
Carlo Maria Rossotto - World Bank