Palais Widmann Silvius-Magnago-Platz 1 39100 Bozen
2nd EUSALP AG4 Mobility Conference
The Alpine Region is an extremely sensitive environment located in the heart of the European continent. Special geographical features cause particular constraints in accessibility and transport infrastructure. Road transport in particular causes negative externalities such as air pollution, noise and traffic congestion, making mobility one of the biggest challenges for the social, economic and ecological development of the Alpine Region. The EUSALP Action Group 4 Mobility offers a platform to coordinate and harmonise initiatives of Alpine regions and countries for a sustainable transport and mobility system. Its mission is to build a common understanding of transport policy and mobility, to define common objectives and to launch specific activities and projects.
Committee of the Regions - local event European week of Regions & Cities
The European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino in its function as leader of the EUSALP Action Group 4 is organizing the 2nd EUSALP AG4 Mobility Conference. As a local event of the European Week of Regions & Cities, an initiative by the European Committee of the Regions in collaboration with the European Commission DG Regio, the Conference provides an opportunity to reflect on Europe and the future of the EU Strategy of the Alpine Region in the context of mobility.
Host of the conference: Autonomous Province Bolzano – South Tyrol
The host of the conference, the President of the Autonomous Province Bolzano - South Tyrol Mr Arno Kompatscher kindly invites you to the 2nd EUSALP AG4 Mobility Conference. Political representatives, public and private stakeholders including civil society organisations will gather to exchange, interact, engage and participate actively in the implementation process of EUSALP, the EU Strategy for the Alpine Region.
Mobility Conference 2017 - Focus on economic stakeholders in transport
Whereas the 1st Mobility Conference in 2016 focused on the exchange with civil society, this year‘s edition puts the spotlight on economic stakeholders in transport. High ranking speakers already confirmed their attendance, amongst them Thomas Baumgartner - President of Board of Directors FERCAM SpA and President of ANITA (National Association of Automobile Transport Companies), Stefano Spennati - Confcommercio Imprese per l'Italia (Transport and Logistics) as well as the Chamber of Commerce Bolzano and the Italian company Mercitalia Rail. A political roundtable will then debate economic factors in a wider context of transport policy.
Study visit to the Brenner Base Tunnel
In the afternoon the conference participants are invited to visit the building site of the Brenner Base Tunnel in Mauls. The BBT, with a total length of 64 kilometers, is currently the longest underground railway tunnel under construction in the world. With its completion in 2026, the BBT will ensure improved transport connections on rail across the Alps, encouraging modal shift from road to rail and promoting inter-modality and interoperability in passenger and freight transport.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact the EUSALP AG4 Lead Team [firstname.lastname@example.org].
This conference is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund through the Interreg Alpine Space program.
09.00 - 09.30 Welcome and opening of the Mobility Conference
- Welcome by the host of the conference, the President of South Tyrol Arno Kompatscher
- Introduction by the Presidents of the European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino: Arno Kompatscher (South Tyrol), Günther Platter (Tyrol) and Ugo Rossi (Trentino)
- Video Message by Herald Ruijters, Director DG MOVE.B, European Commission
- Introduction to the European Week of Regions and Cities 2017 by Herwig van Staa, Member of the Committee of the Regions
AG4 Lead Team - Presentation of current activities and outlook
Bernhard Oehry, RAPP Trans – Provisions for regional transport in toll systems
- Thomas Baumgartner, President of FERCAM AG on "Challenges and needs of logistic companies in alpine freight transport"
- Paolo Duiella, President of the Interbrennero S.p.A. on "The importance of freight terminals in the Alpine Region"
- Stefano Spennati, Senior Advisor at Conftrasporto-Confcommercio Imprese per l'Italia on "Transport and Logistics on combined transport in EUSALP: road - rail - sea"
- Karl Fischer, transport committee of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Munich and Upper-Bavaria on "Contribution of chambers of commerce to modal shift of goods from road to rail in the Alpine Region"
- Nicola Bassi, Service Design Manager at UIRNet S.p.A on "A chain of services to support the supply chain"
12.15 – 13.00 Political roundtable discussion with the councillors of the European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino Ingrid Felipe, Florian Mussner und Mauro Gilmozzi as well as political representatives of the EUSALP regions
13.00 – 14.30 Lunch buffet
14.30 pm: from Bolzano to Franzensfeste BBT Infopoint
18.00 pm: from Franzensfeste BBT Infopoint to Bolzano or Innsbruck