- To provide policy makers and innovation practitioners with knowledge and training/practical insights in setting up successful start-up, spin-off and knowledge transfer platforms with support programmes that can strengthen regional/national innovation ecosystems.
- To review various models of acceleration, building a pipeline of projects, attracting industrial partners, providing business support services, involving governmental entities, which are the key elements in the development of successful innovation ecosystems.
- To assist in the creation and evaluation of IP based knowledge as a foundation of a technology transfer activity, in Public Research Organizations and Small and Medium Enterprises alike.
The workshop will target in particular policy makers and other innovation stakeholders such as universities, research organisations, technology transfer offices, science and technology parks, chambers of commerce, business angels, venture capitalist and other relevant practitioners from South-East Europe and European Alpine macro-region.
The workshop will be available for live- streaming:
The workshop is jointly organised by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) in collaboration with Technology Park Ljubljana, the Ministry of education, science and sport – AG1 EUSALP, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Consortia KTT, and the Slovene public research institutes.
Thursday 15 November 2018 | overview
- 08:30 - 09:15 Registration & welcome coffee
- 09:15 - 10:00 Welcome addresses / Opening speeches
- 10:00 - 11:30 Trends in the development of Start-up Ecosystems
- 11:30 - 12:00 Coffee break
- 12:00 - 13:15 Start-ups ecosystems as a value adding tool for regional and national economies
- 13:15 - 14:15 Midday networking break
- 14:15 - 15:30 How to build a successful start-up community? The various models
- 15:30 - 15:50 Coffee break
- 15:50 - 17:15 Supporting start-ups: value-adding services and programmes
- 17:15 - 17:45 Tour of TPL in Groups
- 20:00 - 22:00 Networking dinner
Friday 16 November 2018 | overview
- 08:30 - 09:00 Registration & welcome coffee
- 09:00 - 10:15 Building the investment/project pipeline: making attractive propositions for fundraising Interplay with Industry.
- 10:15 - 11:30 Interplay with Industry. How to attract industrial customers?
- 11:30 - 11:50 Coffee break
- 11:50 - 13:10 Start-up challenges: Innovation, Growth and Internationalisation
- 13:10 - 14:00 Midday networking break
- 14:00 - 15:00 Towards ESOF 2020 Trieste: Building up a network of innovators in South-East Europe
- 15:00 - 15:15 Coffee break
- 15:15 - 16:15 Successful spin-out stories. Different models
- 16:15 - 17:45 The power of networks
- 17:45 - 18:00 Conclusion remarks
Tehnološki park Ljubljana