In the framework of the Italian Presidency of the EU Strategy for the Alpine Region - EUSALP 2019, the Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia is promoting the workshop
"Connectivity in the Alpine Region: Focus on Intermodality of Transport Systems and Maritime Dimension"
on 26 September 2019 from 9:30 to 18:00 at the Savoia Excelsior Palace in Trieste.
This event is intended as an opportunity for discussion and dialogue among the institutional representatives and key stakeholders in the transport sector coming from the EUSALP countries and regions. The goal is to enable a detailed examination of the relevant issues affecting the sustainable development of transport and mobility systems at the macroregional level. In line with the EUSALP Action Group 4 Mobility's objective of promoting inter-modality and interoperability in passenger and freight transport, particular attention and focus will be placed on the following topics:
- the maritime dimension and links between the port network and the intermodal transport system of the Alpine Region;
- innovative solutions for integrated transport systems and ICT applications;
- new forms of cooperation;
- “missing links”;
- accessibility in remote areas;
- measures towards a more efficient and integrated policy and financial instruments to reinforce cross-border and transnational cooperation.
The invitation to the workshop will be issued shortly, along with the programme for the working day.
Savoia Excelsior Palace, 34124 Trieste TS, Italien